After years of consideration, traveling from hotbot to askjeeves to lycos, I have finally arrived at my favorite search engine- Google. I have long enjoyed the power and pertinence of Google searches, and, as I've acquired better search skills over time, truly appreciate the depth of options available to a Google searcher. Using Boolean operators, searching only for specific media types, or finding scholarly sources on a topic are easier and more accurate on Google than anywhere else. The predictive search entry function not only speeds up the process, but also serves an interesting purpose as an affirmative tool, letting me know that my search is not that bizarre or weird, as someone has surely sought the same answer before.
I enjoy the interaction between my gmail account, youtube, and Google searches as well, as having a single destination online where I can jump to any number of sites or sources is of the highest convenience. In all, despite the somewhat insipid advertisements and borderline disturbing ability to highlight things I'll enjoy, Google makes my use of the web more expert, more convenient, and more effective.
No comments:
Post a Comment